DufflebirdReturn to main website
|Prices will be charged in AUD||Full Rate||Sun 23 Oct 2016||Mon 24 Oct 2016||Tue 25 Oct 2016||Wed 26 Oct 2016||Thu 27 Oct 2016||Fri 28 Oct 2016||Sat 29 Oct 2016||Sun 30 Oct 2016||Mon 31 Oct 2016||Tue 01 Nov 2016||Wed 02 Nov 2016||Thu 03 Nov 2016||Fri 04 Nov 2016||Sat 05 Nov 2016|
Liptrap LoftPhotos Details
Otways LoftPhotos Details
Steam Carriage At ForrestPhotos Details
Sea Glass Beach HousePhotos Details
Place @ PortseaPhotos Details
A Joy Beach HousePhotos Details
|Move the mouse over the price for inclusions, occupancy and minimum stay|
Dufflebird offer getaways and holiday houses that are unique, remarkable and memorable.
If the house you are interested in is booked, go to www.dufflebird.com to find something similar. Our properties are all over Victoria, so beware, you might end up trying somewhere new!
There is three beds.
• A giant Dutch/Indonesian king bed in the open plan living room (sleeps 2).
• There is two double futons in the bed room (sleeps 2x2)
It is very cosy to sleep six adults, but fine if you know each other well.
Special features include:
- 5 minutes from Walkerville beach
- 30 minutes from Wilsons Promontory
- A 19th-century 4 poster giant KING bed (bigger than a king and taller than usual, imported from Holland, and found in Jakarta)
- Japanese bath house with soak tub
- Wood fired heater with generous wood supply included
- Unique restored Oregon couch setting imported from USA
- Forest walk around the 5 acres
- 2 mountain bikes for guests to use
- Roofed outdoor dog enclosure with kennel
- 2 Dog beds for inside and outside
- Dog chain and lead
- Lawn bowls and cricket set
- Italian style stovetop coffee maker and French press (plunger)
- BBQ (4 burner with hood), quality cookware, wine glasses and essentials
- Basic provisions like olive oil, spices, tea, coffee, vegemite and Glad Wrap
- Only dwelling on 5 acres. You can’t see any other houses.
- Very private and secluded
- Local info and tips sent on enquiry
- Seamless process from enquiry to checkout
- Pedantic and dedicated cleaner/caretaker
- Ideal for couples, but can sleep 6
- Pets and children welcome
- Linen is included for the king bed (not many people have king bed linen). Bring your own double bed linen.
- Pets are welcome, please let us know before-hand. There is a dog enclosure in needed.
- No TV: There is a stereo, books and board games and broadband/WiFi (good speed and reliable).
- Smoking outside is ok
- There is no aircon. Heating is primarily from the Coonara wood heater, firewood is supplied.
- Please take your rubbish away - there is no collection service.
- We expect guests to leave the place in a tidy state.
Explore the Gippsland coast or, as many do, take lots of food and hole up in the house for the whole time. You won’t see anyone, but you might see wombats, koalas, echidnas, wallabies, blue tongue lizards in summer and frogs in winter.
Quirky three story log cabin built with local Forrest materials and train carriage parts, set in the lush Otways rain forest.
Please note we do not have a TV. There is a stereo, books and board games and WiFi (good speed/reliable).
3 bedroom and loft
- upstairs master bedroom with claw foot bath .2x singles which are pushed together as a King
-upstairs reading room with balcony has 2 x singles which can also go together to make a King.
-down stairs is a third bedroom with a double bed which has a single top bunk
-the ladder and landing to the 3rd level loft has a double futon.
- upstairs toilet
Total: 6 single beds (two of which convert to King beds),1 double one double futon.
Steam Carriage At ForrestBook
Just released July 2015. Take the family or group of friends to the unique opportunity of staying in a train carriage, just a couple of hours from Melbourne.
It has taken nine months to renovate the train from a pretty ragged start. Almost every surface had to have something done to it, and we found that carriages were really tightly put together (all that rattling) and hard to pull apart. When we did get panels off, who knew what we would find? We completely stripped and rewired the electrical, and did plumbing from scratch. Renovating anything over 100 years will have its challenges, but this was exceptional.
Steam, certainly wont be for everyone, but we have had great feedback from the young and the young at heart. There seems to be a great fondness for the "Great Age of Steam", when locomotives were king! In the late 1800's trains were the greatest technological achievement of humans, they opened new horizons, and were a symbol of power and progress. We hope we have tapped in to this, and we're excited to finally have it launched.
Sea Glass Beach HouseBook
SeaGlass is arguably the best house available for rent in Waratah Bay, located 110m from the beach.
The house provides all you'd want in a modern renovated beach house including:
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 queen rooms (2 with en-suites)
- 2 rooms with 2 king singles in each
- Beach shower in the laundry
- Reverse cycle air-con in master bedroom, radiators in other bed rooms
- Three bathrooms
- There are two lounge areas, the ground floor one has reverse cycle air-con, the other is up stairs so stays warm in winter
- TV and DVD/blue ray,
- Three deck areas with outdoor dining and BBQ, Deck chairs & Hammock.
- The full cooks kitchen includes coffee pod machine, large oven, dishwasher and cooking utensils
- Washing machine and dryer
- 500 thread count bed linen and bath towels provided.
- Cleaned and well maintained by the owners (who live locally and stay there frequently).
- Natural/Chemical free cleaning products
- Linen and cleaning on departure are included in the price. There are no add-on fees.
- The new managers, have a small fleet of award winning properties. They appreciate that most people are busy and now demand a seamless process, from initial enquiry through to departure. Experienced in good customer service, they are available all hours.
- The owners live near by and use the property regularly. It therefore feels very well maintained and very loved.
* We hate add-ons (like most people) and have included cleaning and linen in the price. We have recently dropped the price for less than 6 people in order to make the house more affordable/accessible to smaller groups. When you see that there is a higher rate for over 6 people please keep in mind that the rate for 10 is the former flat rate and that the rate for less people is an actual price drop.
Backing on to a park then the beach, Sea Glass makes for an easy holiday with linen included.
Place @ PortseaBook
Set on one acre at the end of a court, Place@Portsea is a quiet retreat with lush garden from every window.
*Please Note; We ask you to bring your own linen and towels (doonas, pillows etc are all there). We provide fire wood, basic condiments and cleaning after you leave. If you would like our linen service it would be an extra $280 for all 8 beds (sleeps 12).
Pets are welcome!
*Ideal for 2- 8 (can sleep 12)
- Master - Queen bed with ensuite
- Second Bedroom - Queen bed
- Third and Fourth - double with single bunk on top and single trundle
*living zone in the middle, with open plan kitchen, dining and lounge room
*well stocked kitchen. large fridge and freezer. Global knives + quality glassware etc
*Second lounge room, reading room.
* outdoor dining (seats 10) with market umbrella on the main lawn
*swimming pool-fully fenced and gas heated (warms beautifully)
*tennis court (with racquets and balls)
*spacious manicured Grounds
*sunlounges and outdoor bean chairs
*good heating and cooling
*new carpet (fresh and pleasant underfoot)
*children and pets welcome
*at the end of a long quiet court. Very private and peaceful.
*2 bikes for guests (and 2 toddler seats if needed).
*pool shed has golf clubs, pool and beach toys and things that invite you to have fun.
*uniquely positioned between Portsea and Sorrento, + the front and back beaches. You reach all 4 within minutes.
Take the bikes for a ride through Pt Nepean National Park, go to Portsea Pub, or have a quiet garden lunch at the house
Private, No neighbours, Peace and tranquility set on 75 acres overlooking the ocean and Wilson's Prom.
Fully Self Contained
Sleeps 7 : 4 bedroom (4th bedroom very small): 2 bathrooms (2 showers, 1x bath)
Master bedroom with ensuite and queen bed
Second bedroom with double bed
Third bedroom with 2x singles
Small forth bedroom with single.
Enticing kitchen to cook in, fully equipped with Dishwasher
Front and back decks with outdoor settings. Back deck has shade sail.
Fully equipped laundry
Cricket set, Bolle, Table Tennis
Great walks around the property
Wood fire with plenty of wood supplied.
Clean, comfortable beds with quality pillows.
Get away from it all, sit back and enjoy the space and ocean views at Shellback.
For everything you need to know about staying at Shellback here is a downloadable PDF document:
And here is an insiders guide to what to at or around the property:
We look forward to having you stay.
Shearwater is situated in the Promontory Views Estate, Walkerville in South Gippsland. It is a relaxing getaway suited to families, couples and small groups looking for a nice place to retreat, take in spectacular scenery and explore the stunning beaches and landscape of South Gippsland. Located on the eastern side of Waratah Bay, Shearwater has stunning views of Cape Liptrap National Park, Bass Strait and Wilsons Promontory.
This remote pocket of Victoria offers lots to explore for wilderness adventurers partial to spectacular scenery. Situated close to the unspoilt beaches of Walkerville (2 minutes), Waratah Bay (15 minutes), Sandy Point (15 minutes) and Fish Creek or Venus Bay (20 minutes) and it lies 25 minutes from the entrance to Wilson’s Promontory National Park.
It is a place to spend a weekend, a few days, or ideally a week. A place to relax, restore and unwind.
What is there?
In the kitchen you’ll find a stovetop with 4 hotplates, an oven, microwave, toaster and Nespresso Coffee Pod Machine. Pots, pans, knives, bottle openers and all your standard eating /drinking ‘usuals’ are there. There is also a Webber BBQ with hood in great condition (with a spare gas bottle).
Be sure to stock up, as it is 22km to town. There is a great kitchen to cook in, so we recommend staying in and cooking up a feast. We invite you to use the basic condiments you find in the pantry such as the salt, pepper, olive oil, coffee, tea and vegemite. You will find rubbish bags, dishwasher tablets, gladwarap and those household essentials all there.
There are two televisions, both with DVD players. There is Wi-Fi, board games and a small selection of books and magazines.
We ask that you bring all linen and towels. We also provide tea towels, hand towels and bath mats (as everyone forgets these including us). At this point - August 2016, we do not have a linen service in the area. Stay tuned as we are working on it.
Pets are welcome, but only outdoors pets. No pets are allowed inside the house. We have set up a dog/pet bed and bowls for food/water on the downstairs outdoors deck (which is undercover). Naturally, we expect you clean up all dog mess left in the yard.
The back and sides of the property are fenced with basic wire fencing. The front is fenced with a large timber fence and gate on both sides. So it allows your dog to be enclosed in the backyard securely.
Mobile Phones & Wi-Fi
Those whose mobile phone provider is Telstra should easily find reception inside the house -to the front of the property on both levels. Other service providers are not as reliable, but guests should generally have reception out the front of the house.
You’ll find Instructions for connecting to the Internet in the Shearwater Beach House information folder.
Boogoodoo is a unique artists retreat, set on a windswept 20 acre peninsula. There is not a lot of holiday attractions in the immediate area, but if are looking for nature and seclusion, it is exceptional. It is not your usual beach house set up, and is not for everyone, but those who like it - love it, so please look at the photos in detail to ensure it will be a good fit for you.
Linen is included.
Pets: Dogs only by arrangement due to conservation and local law.
The big living/dining room has a spacious, well thought out kitchen with euro appliances so cooking for a handful of friends or family is fun.
There is also a TV lounge with smaller dining table and covered deck with BBQ.
Master with ensuite is off the big living area whilst through the giant sliding door the double and twin bedrooms plus shower room are off the TV lounge.
This is NOT a party house so is not available for those who want more than a few visitors, to partake in noisy pursuits, wild cavortings or hooning around.
However, if you love and respect wildlife and seek a place to unwind, enjoy a slower pace of life, laughter and simple pleasures with loved ones then Boogoodoo will be perfect for you.
A Joy Beach HouseBook
Discover the Magic of Merricks Beach. Stay & Enjoy the Relaxed Beachside Lifestyle. For more info, check out the Properties page on
Bring your own linen. Quilts and Pillows are there, you just need to bring sheets, pillow cases & towels.
It is 3 bedroom, one bathroom with a bath, second bathroom and laundry combined.
• 1 queen bed room
• 2 singles in second bed room
• four single beds in two bunks (sleeps 4) in room three
* 1 queen bed, 2 singles and four single beds in two bunks
* 3 bedrooms with fresh decor, new family bathroom & second loo
* Spacious rear dining / living room & separate meals / family rooms
* Covered front deck, paved rear garden terrace & hardy lawned area
* Jetmaster & second wood fires, zoned gas heating & ceiling fans
* Garden shed, big storage cupboards, rain water tank & beach shower
* Easy walk to beach, yacht club, coastal trails & Bill Carroll reserve
* Abundant natural light, and hard wearing flooring, so you don’t have to be precious
* Large block 970 m², so the neighbors are not right on top of you
* Kid friendly garden. Spring-free trampoline
* Pet Friendly
* Table tennis
* Wii (Video Games)
THINGS TO REMEMBER
-Bring your own linen.
-Pets are welcome, please let us know. The fencing is not dog proof.
-Smoking outside is OK.
-We expect guests to leave the place in a tidy state and put rubbish and recycling out the designated night.
Low maintenance and definitely unassuming from the street front, this wonderful beach house will be the home of many happy memories of time away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Terms & Conditions
- Check-In 3pm, Check-Out 11am for all properties except Liptrap Loft (Check-In 2pm, Check-Out 10am)
- Linen is not supplied in all houses. Please check house description above for whether you need to bring your own linen before booking.
- Pets are welcome at all houses except Shellback and Sea Glass Beach House.
- Some houses require a security deposit. This will be re-paid 48 hours after you leave.
- Payment terms: 50% deposit now. The remainder 14 days before your stay.
- Entering this information does not constitute a booking. We need to double check availability, then take payment. When payment has been successfully processed, we will email booking confirmation.
Cancel 15 days or greater from your stay will cost 50% of the booking.
Cancel less that 15 days before your stay requires 100% of the booking.
If we can re-book the dates all funds will be refunded.